Court Reporting Comedienne
You didn't know that court reporting had a comical side, did you? Check out this video from Kathy Taylor. This is the only court reporting standup routine that I've ever seen. She's pretty good, I think. Some of my highlights of her routine:
- I am a court stenographer..... (pause). I haven't talked for 23 years
- I type and I stroke, type and I stroke. Miss a word -- go to jail.
- The scariest words for a court reporter are, 'Read that back.'
- I know you can't tell by looking at me, but I have been happily married. Four times.
- When people find out I'm a court reporter, they sometimes say strange things. 'You must know how to create the perfect murder.' Heck, if that were the case, I'd be a widow.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008