Nevada Court Reporting Firm Exam
I've been studying for the Nevada Court Reporting Firm Exam. It's been a great refresher of Statutes, Codes, Civil Procedures, Rules, Advisory Opinions, et cetera. I'll be flying to Las Vegas, Nevada to take my test, officially yet redundantly known as ”Firm Owner's Examination for a Court Reporting Firm.” As far as I know, I'm the only one taking the test. Lonely ol' me.
The Nevada Certified Court Reporters Board is located at 500 North Rainbow Boulevard, Suite 300, Las Vegas, Nevada 89107. I will be given 90 minutes to complete the exam. I've been dealing with the very nice and courteous Debbie Uehara who is the Executive Secretary for the NVCCRB.
Here is a partial list of my study materials and links to their respective websites.
- Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS) 656 - http://leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-656.html
- Nevada Administrative Code (NAC) 656 - http://leg.state.nv.us/NAC/NAC-656.html
- NRS 608 – Compensation, Wages and Hours - http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRs/NRS-608.html
- Nevada Rules of Civil Procedure (NRCP) Rules 9,13 and 30 - http://leg.state.nv.us/CourtRules/NRCP.html
- State of Nevada Notary Handbook - http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-240.html
- NCRA Advisory Opinions - http://ncraonline.org/AboutNCRA/cope/Advisory/
- NCRA Code of Professional Ethics - http://www.ncraonline.org/AboutNCRA/cope/
- Various technology articles from JCR and RPR Study Guide
- General business knowledge (i.e.; forming sole proprietorship, corporations, etc.)
Monday, March 31, 2008