Want To Grow As A Legal Professional? Serve Others
Don't go through life, grow through life.
After a long week at your law firm -- putting out fires -- managing crazy schedules -- dealing with deadlines -- I'm positive that the last thing on your mind is getting up on a Saturday and serving others; right? For me -- I'm exactly the same. The day-to-day activities of running my court reporting agency keep me challenged and sometimes quite exhausted. However, as one who believes that serving others is important -- actually I believe it's critical for one's growth in life as well as in our profession -- even I need a reminder as to some of the reasons WHY.
Here is a list of 5 Great Reasons Why Serving Is Important:
- Have fun! You will be able to make new friends and have a great time all while helping your community.
- Grow! You will be able to expand your perspective of the world by working with and learning from people of different races, cultures, ages and life experiences.
- Grow Some More! You will be able to widen your appreciation of community issues.
- You Can Impact The World! You will be able to make a difference in the world. Your contribution matters!
- Grow Even More! You will be able to challenge yourself to encounter new things outside of your comfort zone.
Monday, July 23, 2007