It's been a while since I've really blog blogged. Sure, I've managed to squeak out the occasional post here and there but typically what used to be a several-time-per-week habit has out of necessity taken a back seat to tons of things going on. So I thought today I've at least jot down some quick updates...
- We've moved into a beautiful new office in Temecula, California. This is our Calendar & Production office -- for Jobs, Exhibits, Certs & Invoices. The address is 41690 Enterprise Circle North, Suite 200CC, Temecula, CA 92590.
- We've hired a new Production Assistant, Paulene Letts. Welcome aboard Paulene!
- We survived the fires of Yorba Linda! Our hats off to the brave firefighters of Southern California!
- I have big news (which I can't unfurl just yet) regarding the Deposition Reporters Association of California (http://www.caldra.org/).
- I was asked by David Brown the Executive Officer for the California Court Reporters Board to come to Sacramento in December. I accepted. The purpose is to review and modify the Board's Occupational Analysis document: ttp://www.courtreportersboard.ca.gov/formspubs/occupational-analysis.pdf
- We stopped using Microsoft Office in our office and have successfully migrated to using Open Office which is a free product and works wonderfully.
- We are successfully using Microsoft's FolderShare product to transfer files back and forth between offices.
- We developed our own custom accounting software and have weaned off of Intuit's QuickBooks. It wasn't easy but our new way does payroll as well as accounts receivables. Pheew, I'm glad that's done with!
- We negotiated a price discount from two key vendors: UPS & Regus/HQ Global.
- We upgraded all the office computers to Windows Vista and have had no trouble with it whatsoever. (There were some minor glitches early on with sharing printers, but now we are Vista experts!)
- We installed a way for reporters to enter their information for work directly into our database. Court reporter work. Many, many reporters from around the country have already signed up.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008